Duke Pediatric Dermatology specializes in the care of children with common and rare skin disorders, whether acquired or genetic. Our specialists are dedicated to helping children and their parents better understand skin ailments and how to treat and cope with them.
Comprehensive, state-of-the-art evaluation and treatment for children with various types of acute and chronic skin disorders is provided. Patients are typically referred to our program by their pediatricians or primary care physicians for consultation, treatment, or long-term management.
Services include consultations and second opinions, as well as surgical and laser treatment of certain skin conditions. Conditions frequently treated by our division include nevi (moles), hemangiomas, port wine stains, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, genodermatoses, and hyperhidrosis.
|Name||Areas of Special Interest|
|Jane S. Bellet, MD||Pediatric dermatology, excisional surgery, laser surgery, hemangiomas, port wine stains, nevi (moles), hyperhidrosis|
|Diana B. McShane, MD||Pediatric dermatology|
|Neil S. Prose, MD||Pediatric dermatology, doctor-patient communication, pediatric dermatology in developing countries|
Duke Dermatology Patterson Place
5324 McFarland Drive
Durham, NC 27707
|Hours:||Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm|
Duke South-Clinic 3J Laser
200 Trent Drive (Duke Clinic)
Durham, NC 27710
Appointments and Contact Information
For an appointment, please call 919-684-3432.
For the Pediatric Dermatology office, please call 919-401-7733 or fax 919-401-7767.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatologic Surgery
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatology
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation
- International Hyperhidrosis Society
- Nat'l Alopecia Areata Foundation
- National Eczema Association
- National Psoriasis Foundation
- National Rosacea Foundation
- Natonal Vitiligo Foundation
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology